Monday, January 5, 2009

One of These Days I Am Not Going to Make It to Work.

(Sunday afternoon)

I woke up feeling really sick. So...I figured that maybe if I just laid here for 3 hours it would go away. I could just take me a little nap and then I would feel better. But that's not happening. I'm guessing it's ascites. The poison is looking for a way out.

(Monday - 21 hours later)

I told myself a while back that I didn't want to write about the gross stuff. But now I think I will just this once, just so everyone is clear about what I'm going through and how I feel.
We all get sick. Nauseated, vomiting and diarrhea. They are all normal functions of a sick body. When I get sick there is an added misery. It is painful. If you are up all night retching then your body will begin to ache. Part of the reason is because your body is weakening. That is one of the reasons we have to eat right and exercise. But it doesn't stop there. As our bodies continue to wear down the pain increases each time that we have a bout with sickness. It sometimes takes me days to bounce back from an episode.
Yesterday I spent all day on the couch absolutely dying. There is nothing worse than having to vomit and not being able to. Unless of course it's staying up all night tossing and turning in misery until 4 or 5 in the morning before you finally fall a sleep for an hour only to wake up and start all over again. And then to find out that you still can't get sick anyways.
At 5am this morning I double-dosed some lactulose and I finally found some rest, knowing full well I'd be up soon enough to rid myself of the uglies brewing in my gut. As awful as it all seems, given a choice between vomiting and diarrhea I would skip all the vomiting. It just hurts too damn much.
It is 10 am now the following day. I just spent twenty minutes in the bathroom still trying to vomit but it's not working. The pain in my stomach is getting unbearable, if that is at all possible. Throw in some waves of chills and sweats and you have the makings for a toxic storm. I am so sick of this crap and it hasn't even started yet.
I'm going to take a nap now.

2 comments:

  1. Everything you are describing sounds so familiar. Carl experienced it all, too. It's a miserable feeling. I hope you can get some relief soon.

    -Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn,
    Thanx for checking in. I feel better today. Just sore as hell.
    It's amazing how a little bug from someone else will effect us.

    ReplyDelete