Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Couple of Things

Today wasn't a very good day. I woke up a little before 6 am and spent all morning retching with dry heaves until I finally got sick. After 3 ½ hours of this I made my way back to bed exhausted and was extremely sore all over. I think I am clear of whatever it was. Lois seems to feel that it was the chicken we ate last night. I'm not very sure. It is hard to say what brought it on and whether or not it has to do with my health issues. I'm leaning toward the latter.
I was just thinking, I haven't been this sick in a long time. It is nice to think of it in this way. Despite all of my ailments, most of them have been minor considering the circumstance. I have not had to be rushed to the hospital in ambulance or had to be admitted to a hospital for any length of time. Looking back I would say that I've been very fortunate. My MELD score is still very low and I am still able to work. So I guess I got that going for me.

***************** 

This journal is a year old this month. I want to take a moment to say Thank You to everyone who has been kind enough to stop by and visit and to all those who have taken the time to become friends during the past year. Your friendship means a lot to me and I am grateful to have met all of you. Some of you have found your way here through my other blog and others through the transplant network. There are also many of you who have been writing to me through e-mails and offering your support. Most of you have already been through the transplant experience or have had a spouse that has gone through it. Your encouragement and kindness to reach out and share with me your own experience has been a true gift to me and I thank each and every one of you for this. There is no way for me to describe how this makes me feel. I appreciate your kindness and all the well wishes.

6 comments:

  1. Thank YOU for writing! No matter how bad you feel you still always find the positive side to the situation. I'm glad I found your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, sounds awful. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep fighting this, you will get your transplant one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *mary*
    As always, Mary, you have been a good friend.

    Laoch,
    Thank you.

    Bitter Angel,
    Thanks. I hope you are feeling better.

    razorsandvines,
    That means a lot to me. I smiled real big when I got this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beaux nausea and exhaustion are so exhausting.

    Nausea never lets up. I'm sorry dear friend, but you can do this.

    You are brave and a warrior and have a family well worth fighting for.

    Love Renee xxo

    ReplyDelete