Thursday, March 12, 2009

One Year Now

(My wife reminded me the other day that it has been one year since I was hospitalized and we found out that I had liver disease. I didn't have anything ready to post but I thought I should at least write something)


It has been one year ago yesterday. One year since my life abruptly changed.
My life.
My wife's.
My children's.
Our whole family.

In life there are some things you can't take back. Things you cannot change.
This is one of them.

"You have varices."
It still echoes in my head.
A lot has happened since then.
The disease has morphed and changed.
I have changed. Both mentally and physically.
It seems like a bad dream at times.
Like a horrible nightmare.
Like nothing will ever
Be the same.

It has been one year now.
Things do change.
I have changed.

3 comments:

  1. You are a strong person, probably more so than you realize. That strength, as well as the love and support of your awesome family, will help you weather this. I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for yor comment on the Ides of March post. It's been years since I've had to see that guy, so that is a good thing. I'm going to check into the thing with the IRS, too, as Lo suggested. It didn't seem right to me but they had this attitude of "We're the IRS, we do what we want."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the change is inevitable. So true, so very, very true.

    ReplyDelete