Sunday, August 25, 2013

Shortest Update


   I really suck. I have been so busy that I've just kind of been living in my own world. Not to mention that I come home from work and I either get sucked into my IPad playing Mystery Manor or I just fall asleep. I have been working overtime for months now and it is only now starting to lighten up. Kind of.
   Well, Lois just had her surgery and is recuperating. Third times a charm, we hope. She is on a liquid diet for the next two weeks. She spent two and a half days in the hospital and is still very sore and struggling with nausea.
   My children started back at school. Too early to tell how things will go. I think they were ready to go back and see their friends
   I have been doing fine. My labs have been looking good. It has been almost a year and a half now since my transplant. Unbelievable. I still find myself thinking back on the days when I would stare blankly; lost and confused when the encephalopathy would take hold. Those moments are haunting.
   Today I am grateful. I am thoughtful. I am generous. I am happy. 

8 comments:

  1. Never apologize for being able to live without being tied down. Wish it were something more than working over time, but it is good that you are able to continue on with life. Glad things are looking good for you.

    Take care
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to know you're doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how fast it goes! Glad to hear you're doing well! Jerry is doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been a terrible blogging friend Beaux... I hope that Lois is feeling better and stronger each day and that you continue to feel well. Blessings to you and your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been a blogging slacker and just read your most recent post. Please give Lois my best. Three surgeries for one condition is brutal. I hope the fat lady has sung this time.

    It's surprising to realize that it's been a year and a half since your transplant. It's wonderful to know that you are healthy enough to work - though you must be drained every day when you get home.

    I wish all the best for you, Lois and your daughters. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suck even more. I have thought of you often. Kind of fallen off the blog wagon. I really really hope Lois surgery is working for her. I am so sorry to hear that she needed another surgery! I hope you are sitting there right now playing Mystery Manor and falling asleep. That is how I will picture you. Relaxed. wishing all the best my friend. xoxo Teri

    ReplyDelete
  7. i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful. what is the shortest word in english

    ReplyDelete