Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hospital Food Sucks

   My TIPS turned out well. The recovery has sucked tremendously. I have been extremely tired, sore and nauseated. Plus my bed was a little small so I was kind of scrunched up most of the time. This was quite the experience. After I was able to move around and get out of bed I scrolled the hallways. There are a lot of sick people waiting for transplants. Hearing some of their complaints and listening to the patients who had hepatic encephalopathy was very sad. I feel miserable right now, but there is no way I could endure what these people are going through.
   Anyhow, I am home again. I will probably write later after my work week. Take good care.
   Thanks for all the notes and emails.

6 comments:

  1. Yay, it's done and you are home! Feel better. I know, tall order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, thank you for you comment on my blog the other day.
    I'm not feeling well for sometime now as my fybro stroke again and this time I also was very depressed. Anyway that's not what matters now.
    I feel very happy for you and Lo right now.Thank God for her being cancer free and you recovering well from your surgery. There's no place like home, really.
    Always keeping you both in my prayers and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news that the procedure went well and you've returned home. That hospital food really does suck, doesn't it? I s'pose it's purposeful, so people won't want to linger in the hospital (as if anyone would wish to stay longer). Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry for your discomfort my friend, but happy that the procedure went well for you. Take extra time to rest and allow your body to heal from this latest trauma whenever possible. You are stronger than you realize and a deep inspiration for me, for all of us on our own individual healing journeys. I'm so glad you jumped in to write, I've been thinking of you and praying, and wondering how you are. I really appreciate that you took a few moments to check in with us.

    gentle steps

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay strong - you'll need all your strength for when you get your new liver. You can do anything!

    My husband received his liver Thursday night - out of ICU - in a room on the transplant floor - he's doing well - I can't wait to read your new liver story - don't be discouraged - 'cause it's coming!!!!!

    ReplyDelete