I went to see the doctor today for my clinic appointment and we talked about me doing the interferon/ribavirin treatment for the HCV. The doctor decided that it would be in my best interest to pursue treatment after transplant. In the meanwhile I was urged to work on treating my psoriasis which has really started to get out of hand. I am generally feeling miserable with it right now. Plus, the doctor decided to put me on coumadin because of the blood clot they found this past January in my portal vein. I will do the coumadin for a month and then I suppose they'll do another CT scan. Most of this is good news and I will benefit from it in the long run. The only thing I don't like is that once I go back to see my dermatologist, I will most likely go back on Embrel and I hate the injections. But I guess that's a small price to pay if it will bring me some comfort and get rid of the psoriasis again.
I have also been having some hearing issue problems that we are looking at. I keep getting a ringing in my ears and sometimes things sound muffled and then come back on. Kind of like the elevation thing when you have to yawn to correct it. Anyhow, we cut back the dosage of the neomycin I have been on and we will watch it. The last thing I want to do is lose my hearing because of all the meds I am on.
Well, not much more to add to this.